Monday, October 15, 2007

Life's a garden...dig it

I know, I know...So it has been a while. A Loooong while. The summer came and went, fall is upon us, and D and I just had our one year anniversary. We went to Montauk, NY for a few days to celebrate. We wanted to go somewhere else for longer, but the timing with work did not cooperate. But it was still nice. We arrived on Sunday, and it was just one of those days where everything just worked out. Apparently, Montauk's fourth of July fireworks were postponed due to weather, and kept getting postponed up until their Fall Festival the previous night. Which meant, there were fireworks on Oct 7 - Our anniversary!!! So we found a restaurant by asking the gas station attendant, that overlooked the water where we could the fireworks - outdoors. It was beautiful - how many people can say there were fireworks on their first anniversary! We went to The Harvest, and were able to sit outside. http://www.harvest2000.com/hfp/ That was a beautiful restaurant. The food was delish! All in all, the perfect night! If are ever in Montauk, I highly suggest you go there, and to their other restaurant, North by Northwest. We went there two nights in a row when we were in Montauk over the summer. And of course no trip I take is complete without a visit to a yarn shop. So I went to Purl by The Sea in Montauk!! What a lovely store. I love it! Everyone is so friendly and helpful - it's great! I highly recommend it if you ever find yourself at the very tip of Long Island!

Things on the homefront are, well, overgrown. D and I have no experience with gardening, and it shows. Our front and backyard are veritable forests. I am quite ashamed, but we have a lot of work to do. Considering D is hardly ever home anymore, and I hate hate HATE bugs, we are pretty much screwed. I just wish these weeds would go away, but it is going to take a lot more than hoping and wishing. I got one quote to do the work from our (very overpriced) landscaper, and it would cost more than my bi-montly salary to fix our yard, not including the mulch we would need!!! So, I think we need to do this work ourselves. No way around it. I would like to work on it this weekend, but let's see what D says about that.

So...back to knitting. I finished a lot during my blogging hiatus. Two pairs of socks, a baby blanket, threw a baby shower for a friend, and more. Thanks to Ravelry I can keep track of it all! What a wonderful community that is! Casey and Jess really have a hit on their hands. Anywho, I may have finished a lot of projects this summer, but I sure have been neglecting a lot. Including the Lucy Lu sweater I started back in 2004!! So I have decided not to pick up any more projects until I start back on my UFOs (UnFinished Objects). I want to finish the Lucy Lu sweater, felt Mom's hat and my Noni Adventure bag, among other UFOs listed to the right.

So, this week I will be working on the Lucy Lu sweater. I hope I can find someone to help me with it though since I don't really understand how to knit the front right panel. Anyone out there knit this yet? If so, lemme know :) I could use some help!

No comments: