Monday, October 29, 2007

Knittin news

So, as you can tell, I have changed the name of my blog. Based on an existing Ravelry discussion, I decided to google my blog name and discovered that another young lady was using the same blog name, and even the pink layout! Yikes!! So I decided to rename it. Hence the new name. No one has this name, as far as I can tell, so here's to hoping that I can keep this!

A few weekends ago (Sat Oct 20) I got my very first swap package from my partner! It was chock full of goodies including a very interesting sock yarn that I've never seen before (but heard a lot about). It is Kate Austermann Step sock yarn. It has aloe vera in the fibers! How cool is that! Check out this pic for the whole package:


Fiberflix yarn swap received 1

Then on Sat Nov 4 I got my Ravelry Scorpio Birthday Swap package from my secret partner:

scorpio birthday swap2


Thank you so much! I really love it :) I think I might finally tackle the Monkey socks. What a beautiful yarn! Please let me know who you are so that I can thank you in person :)

As for my knitting news, well, I finished the blue mohair scarf. I have yet to take a picture of the finished item, but I am hoping to actually wear it soon.

I finished knitting the Lucy Lu sweater, and now I just have to seam it. First I have to block it, though. I am hoping to do that some time this week so that I can sew it up this weekend.

I will post some more pics soon!